At Buzzed Bee Meadery we know how important it is to be connected to organizations and local producers in order to bring you a great product and experience.
We are proud members of the following organizations:
- American Mead Makers Association
- Greater Newton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Heart of Iowa Wine Trail
- Iowa Honey Producers Association
- Iowa Wine Growers Association
- Marshalltown Area Chamber of Commerce
We strongly support the use of local products when possible in our mead. That includes honey and fruits when available.
- Honey is the base of mead and the better the honey the better the mead. We are fortunate to have an amazing honey provider with Meadow BlazingStar Honey. Andy and his family believe in producing quality products and we are happy to use their honey in our mead, sell it in our shop and carry their beeswax products as well.
- We are excited about our new partnership with Luegger Elderberry Farm for elderberries which we plan to use in a couple of our meads.
Our Aronia Berries also come from Iowa farmer.s Our first two batches of Aronia mead were made with berries from Jane and Mark McConeghey. This years batch of berries come from Baxter Iowa. Joe and Karen Cunningham produced organic berries for us to use in our next two batches.